Wednesday, October 21, 2009

No More Food Babies

So I am getting married next September. Even though I have been engaged since last October, it still shocks me that someone voluntarily wants to share the rest of their life with me. I am slowly accepting the fact that the love of my life considers me the love of his life. Some days this freaks me out, other days its quite comforting. And as time goes by it's more of the latter and less of the former.
Along with the joys of planning for the big day, one of my bridal projects is (like most brides out there) to lose weight and get in shape. Although I have been trying to accomplish this goal for what seems like ever, my efforts usually drop off after week 1. Like i said, procrastination is my best friend.
I have always been the 'bigger' girl. Not super fat, just big. I am on the tall side (5'8 3/4") so it helps to hide the rolls and cellulite i have accumulated since high school. But my thighs do rub together when i walk; my torso has indents of where the rolls are when i slouch; my hips and quads have iridescent stripes from years of stretch marks; i am normal, i know, but typically unhappy with my body. A few years ago I started taking some meds which had the nasty side effect of weight gain. Within two months, 40 lbs magically appeared on my hips, thighs and belly. I must admit that my diet and lack of exercise didn't help. Though even when i did exercise, i didn't lose any weight, which was extremely disappointing. I have since switched meds (this past July) and am pleased to announce that i have dropped 12 lbs. I am officially under 200 lbs now. Only 40 or so more to go... This gives me hope. Hope that i actually can be fit for my wedding day; hope that the weight gain will go away while i am on these new meds and hope that I will be once and for all happy with my body. (sounds like a Valerie Bertinelli weight watchers commercial right?...)

Anyway - to help keep me writing and to help with my goal to slim down, i want to keep a food diary of what i eat each day. So here it goes:

- 1 x peanuts and almonds special K cereal bar
- 3 slices of ham and pineapple pizza hut pizza
- half a bottle (591 mL) of Pepsi
- 6 large glasses of water
- 6 mini spinach quichelets
- 1 tsp of chocolate frosting (its that week, i NEED chocolate)

Yesterday I had:
- 2 x peanuts and almonds special K cereal bar
- 1.5L water
- half a bison burger (leftover) with goat cheese, onion and tomato
- handful of fries
- 6 fudgeeo's
- 1 tbsp of chocolate frosting directly from the can
- 1 100 calorie bag of natural flavored (ie no butter, minimal salt) microwave popcorn

please don't judge. i am still new at this.

No comments: